At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is seeking an experienced and agile Assistant Director, Investment Products interested in joining a diverse, ambitious, and fast-paced practice advising the Company on a range of issues as the Company works to transform how clients experience financial security.
What's the role?
Primary responsibility of this position is to lead the development and execution of the strategic direction and management of sub-advised funds. This position networks extensively with the home office, fund administrator, sub-advisory firms, and business partners specific to the funds and product lines.
Bring Your Best!
What this role needs:
- Facilitate relationship management with fund administrator, sub-advisors, internal legal and compliance teams and oversight of contractual administrator responsibilities
- Facilitate ongoing responsibilities of the NM RIA, including quarterly board reporting, fund committee reporting, and annual 15(c) renewal process
- Responsible for coordinating with sub-advisors, administrator, and internal teams to resolve any security pricing issues
- Leads the process of planning and carrying out potential sub-advisor additions and terminations
- Drive promotion of sub-advised mutual funds and contributes to quarterly fund updates
- Work across the IPS, particularly the IPS investment team, to achieve the objectives of the Wealth Management offerings
- Uses field, client, and industry insight to recommend and develop new funds
- Advises on implementation of product design changes to client pricing and partnerships
- Coordinates with home office divisions/departments to present recommendations that address opportunities in the integration of the funds into an approach focused on meeting field and customer needs
- Leads efforts to develop new or improve existing funds, including partnering with project management, technical, operational, investment and regulatory experts in an ongoing effort to offer competitive investment products. Responsibility for managing business decisions that impact scope, risk, business value, schedule, and budget. Provides input in department-wide prioritization process
- Facilitates the creation and updating of required fund documents and marketing materials in partnership with sub-advisors, administrator, and NM marketing team
- Responsible for partnering across the home office on regulatory issues impacting assigned products
- May manage a team of individuals and is responsible for leading their growth and development
Desired personal attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree (such as MBA) preferred.
- Generally, 8 or more years of experience in financial services
- Experience supporting investment advisor and 40 Act funds (familiarity with the Series Trust structure a plus)
- Experience with mutual fund administration, fund accounting and transfer agents
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Wealth Management industry, including product, pricing, marketing, customer preferences, marketplace standards, broker-dealer offerings, future trends and servicing
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to lead others around deadlines and prioritization of work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, cross-departmental project initiatives, driving design and business value
- Ability to anticipate impact of decisions, future consequences, and trends.
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks and use resources in the industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to make effective formal presentations across levels in the organization. May require negotiation with internal or external business partners in difficult situations.
- Has a strong curiosity about people development and leading others formally or informally.
- Professional certification - CLU, ChFC, CFA, CFP, CPA or similar designation recommended.
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups