At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
You will join with the Technology Strategic Communications team to direct and implement communications initiatives to advance the company’s Technology priorities to achieve business goals. You’ll work with a variety of business partners to understand business objectives, and then deliver communications plans, events and experiences that inform, educate and influence audiences including leaders, employees, field teams, company clients, prospects, key influencers and other partners. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment with a top-notch team where your ideas, energy, creativity and commitment to excellence are welcomed and expected?
What you will do:
- Collaborate with senior level leaders of client group(s) on enterprise-wide communication strategy.
- Leads committees and task forces in developing complex communication initiatives that support the enterprise-wide communication goals and objectives.
- Lead and develop potential direct reports as well as mentor communication specialists on the team.
- Develop metrics/measures to evaluate the effectiveness of communication and assess the return on communication investment.
- Attend client group team meetings to understand communication needs to provide a proactive, rapid response to time critical issues.
- Work independently with guidance on only the most complex situations.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Strong writer with ability to quickly grasp complex information, synthesize and distill concepts by writing for a variety of audiences.
- Proactive professional who has ability to collaborate, build rapport with business partners and colleagues, provide counsel, and develop productive working relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated skill in project management.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen to, engage, and influence clients; synthesize and relate complex information; and develop and implement integrated communications strategies.
- Ability to adapt style and build consensus with senior leaders.
- Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and analyze information make innovative business decisions.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
Analytics Insight - Advanced
Communication Presentations - Advanced
Decision Making - Advanced
Development Communication - Advanced
Internal Communications Strategy - Advanced
Leadership Communication - Advanced
Oral Communications - Advanced
Storytelling - Advanced
Strategic Communication Management - Intermediate
Written Communication - Expert
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups