At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
Co-create with the field to design and activate scalable best practices advisors can leverage to maximize sales effectiveness while delivering a digital client experience. Help execute the Company’s multi-year strategy for expanding our distribution capacity and capabilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setting the strategy for the development and activation of sales enablement content in alignment with the strategic outcomes for the multi-year strategy effort related to Sales Effectiveness.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the organization, including Career Distribution and Client Experience, to align on opportunities to increase advisor productivity by incorporating new digital tools throughout the sales process.
- Establishing an on-going, systematic approach for identifying potential best practices used throughout the financial planning process and across the sales cycle.
- Obtaining field feedback regarding the relative effectiveness of potential best practices.
- Securing field leadership buy-in for strategies activated via sales enablement content, training, and promotion.
- Partnering closely with Sales Effectiveness workstream leads accountable for in-market testing and the effort’s measurement framework.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, marketing, or related experience required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible work experience, including a minimum of 5 years working with Northwestern Mutual’s exclusive distribution system.
- In-depth understanding of financial services products and services, including financial planning; familiarity with the sales cycle and Northwestern Mutual’s unique planning approach is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo, identify gaps, and mobilize a cross-functional working team to deliver on solutions.
- The ability to lead, direct, negotiate and influence - with or without direct authority - at all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical abilities, in both decision making and problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to build rapport and gain acceptance at all levels in the Home Office and field.
- Demonstrated NM behaviors: Deliver Exceptional Experience, Solve for the Client, Lead with Enterprise Vision, Challenge the Status Quo, and Play to Win.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups