At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
The Assistant Director - Sales Effectiveness Insights, is accountable for developing and overseeing execution of the research program for the in-market testing of the digital sales process within the Sales Effectiveness multi-year strategy effort. Provides research expertise and consultation to the Sales Effectiveness team to elevate in-market testing capabilities and inform development of a proven digital sales process that has been co-created with Northwestern Mutual’ s field force.
Identifies and manages field feedback loops, working with field leadership, the in-market testing team, and field members as needed. Consistently evaluates innovative methods and tools to improve and elevate the in-market testing capabilities. Synthesizes complex information into actionable insights. Socializes insights across enterprise and infuses into points of view to provide thought leadership on the future digital sales process for Northwestern Mutual. Partners with other enterprise research teams to share insights and collaborate on research agendas.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience/knowledge in business processes to include research and data analysis and insights development. Includes a demonstrated ability to gather relevant information systematically; consider a broad range of issues; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems.
- Planning/Process management - Demonstrated ability to scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; ability to set objectives and goals. Excellent ability at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, ability to organize people and activities and understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow.
- Presentation and consultation skills; excellent ability to effectively present information in a variety of formal settings (one-on-one, small, and large groups, peers, subordinates and organization leadership).
- Ability to command attention and manage group process during the presentations. Demonstrated ability to change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Experience working with field force/disbursed workforces required.
- Presentation and/or facilitated led training experience required.
- Proven management skills including negotiating, leadership, delegation, planning and organization.
- Experience leading projects or ownership for divisional and cross-functional projects and initiatives.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups