At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Lead an analytics team and be at the forefront of a data driven culture that is passionate about helping the company make informed decisions through thoughtful research and collaboration. Leverages a wide assortment of sales data to evaluate existing objectives and identify future opportunities. Develops interactive dashboards and reporting solutions play a critical role in communicating the success of objectives to help to drive data driven culture throughout the department and the company.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead distribution research projects and analysis used to track and measure field performance including compensation, program subsidies, risk and investment product commission and field roles.
- Lead high performing team by creating a continuous learning environment that retains, develops and attracts top talent.
- Present and explain research, measures and recommended solutions to multiple levels in the organization to support business decisions.
- Provides expert level quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions and address business questions.
- Creates forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Utilizes analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts that impact the business (costs, risks, etc).
- Summarizes analysis into user-friendly deliverables by translating detailed data into business-appropriate communication and recommendations.
- Provides consultation to business clients (including senior leaders) and participates in enterprise-wide teams to address business issues.
- Applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve enterprise analytical capabilities.
- Creates and is accountable for high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work.
- Embraces continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience with a proven track record in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, and application development that support business decisions/outcomes.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff members with proven management skills including negotiating, leadership, delegation, planning and organization
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Expertise in development or analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R or other tool. Visualization tooling like PowerBI or Tableau.
- Proven ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form at an appropriate level for all levels of business audiences.
- Proven excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Expert level ability to gather information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analysis.
- Proven ability to lead decision making processes, build rapport, negotiate, gain the confidence and work successfully with home office leaders in a variety of areas across the company.
- Ability to generate new ideas and go beyond the status quo; recognize the need for new or modified approaches.
- Demonstrate NM behaviors: deliver exceptional experience, solve for the client, be a talent multiplier, lead with enterprise vision, challenge the status quo, play to win
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups