At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners within RSS and cross-functionally on developmental efforts aligned with the Future of Underwriting
- Key SME and resource within the Research team to align, develop, and build key workstreams associated with the Future of Underwriting.
- Represent RSS Research at Enroll Apply, Decide, and Future of Underwriting meetings
- Partner with RSS UW Excellence for MHQ related work including the development of dynamic oMHQ
- Develop analysis and insights on MHQ misrepresentation
- Serves as an expert on digital and automated risk assessment capabilities – leads all aspects of development, deployment, adoption, and utilization
- Responsible for setting the direction of and executing on future-focused strategies to advance our digital risk assessment capabilities through the use of new data sources and advanced analytics
- Leads efforts with data science and technology teams to gather and curate data, develop production-grade tools, and to define implementation requirements, connections, and reporting requirements. Acts as both a technical and business expert.
- Leads interdepartmental teams to identify risk and business process issues, constraints, and opportunities in using digital risk assessment tools. Cultivates innovative solutions to overcome hurdles
- Background in underwriting, actuarial science, data science, or 8-10 years of relevant work experience
- Deep analytical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the connection between customer experiences, sales processes, operational results, and long-term product value
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional and inter-departmental teams including an ability to lead highly matrixed teams
- Proven ability to anticipate customer needs and business issues, develop innovative solutions, recommend best practices and implement to achieve desired results.
- Excellent project management skills: setting context, defining objectives, prioritizing work, delivering results, tracking outcomes, engaging stakeholders, and delivering through the team
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating complex analytical topics across the spectrum from domain experts to those with limited experience to senior executives
- Visionary. Has shown a penchant for questioning how things have been done and has actively brought forth new solutions to old problems. Can clearly articulate a vision for the future and align strategies and stakeholders accordingly.
- Integrity. Understanding that just because we can doesn’t mean we should
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups