At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we help our clients realize the promise of financial security and deliver comprehensive planning, insurance and investments through a trusted advisor and engaging technology.
This role will direct and implement the Risk Products communication strategy to inform, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the company's clients, prospects, key influencers, the field, employees and other partners.
What You'll Do:
- Consult with senior level leaders within Risk Products other critical partners on our enterprise-wide communication strategy.
- Lead committees and cross-functional working teams in developing complex communication initiatives and results across the home office, field and clients that support the communication goals and objectives of our Risk Product brand efforts, the Risk Product sales plan, a specific product change plan effort, and across the Risk Product field committees.
- Partner closely with Risk Product change leads, sales plan leads, and product line leaders/SME's to align messaging and orchestrate communications driven out of Risk Products.
- Lead the content development of all critical Risk Product communications deliverables and partners closely with Corporate Communications and Career Distribution on communications strategy, messaging alignment, and channel solutions.
- Develop metrics/measures to evaluate the effectiveness of communication and evaluate progress towards field and home office adoption targets.
- Attend department, change plan and sales plan meetings to understand communication needs to provide a proactive, rapid response to time sensitive issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently when necessary and meet deadlines.
Bring Your Best - What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Experience in the insurance (Life, Disability, Annuities and Long-term Care) and financial services industries preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in project management.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, both internally and external/client-facing. Ability to produce great copy, but also be able to express ideas clearly.
- Ability to write professionally in a variety of styles for diverse audiences. Ability to adapt the vital voice to each project with utmost ease.
- Ability to listen to, engage, and influence Risk Product department, the field and enterprise; synthesize and relate sophisticated information; and develop and implement coordinated communications strategies.
- Ability to adapt style and build consensus with senior leaders.
- Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and analyze information make innovative business decisions.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups