At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What is the role?
We are seeking a Business Consultant Manager who will lead all aspects of design/implementation efforts for systems and processes; determine resource assignment (forecasting, acquiring, developing, assigning); take charge of staff development, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions ensuring optimum effectiveness through adherence to strategies, goals, budgets, operating policies and procedures. Responsible for designing and integrating measurement systems, targets and specific initiatives in support of business strategies, you will cultivate relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with departmental/enterprise strategies; effective internal work flow processes. Above all, you are a leader and a standout colleague who motivates and brings out the best in those around you.
- Accountable for a full range of manager responsibilities including communication, coaching, mentoring and staff development, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions. Participant in functional management to ensure optimum effectiveness and quality by leading adherence to strategies, goals, budgets, operating policies and procedures as an NM frontline manager.
- Accountable for translating the business strategy to operational objectives including both systems and processes. Oversees design and implementation efforts to include
- Integration of work systems and process to include core technology, workflow and information and knowledge flows. Responsible for integrating and designing measurement systems, targets and specific initiatives in support of the various strategies
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels in order to ensure alignment with departmental and enterprise business strategies
- Responsible for counsel of department management on policy setting for organization and/or interdepartmental initiatives
- Accountable for an effective and efficient business unit designed and maintained to support the business outcomes.
- Responsible for the integration of domain/department design and structure
- Workforce management (forecasting, obtaining, developing and assigning the right resources)
- Accountable for providing guidance and escalation avenues for the group based on understanding the business, goals, work processes and work flows
Bring your best! what this role needs:
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field; or a significant amount of directly-related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position.
- Minimum of ten total year's relevant experience to include a minimum of seven years experience in business consulting focused on system development and process improvement plus a minimum of two years experience planning, prioritizing and managing the activities of others as direct reports and/or project teams.
- Proven people leadership and management skills to include human relations and interpersonal skills vital to manage a group of people.
- Detailed knowledge of human resources operating policies.
- Consistent track record of guiding a team to specific business outcomes including a proven ability to integrate work systems and processes, manage projects and identify, cultivate and counsel key stakeholders related to specific initiatives.
- Shown ability to build effective teams committed to organizational goals; foster collaboration among team members and across teams
- Demonstrated ability to step forward to address difficult issues.
- Ability to influence others through a combination of active listening, asserting own ideas and persuading others.
- Strong analytical abilities especially in decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrated flexibility, ability to manage multiple priorities and the ability to handle ambiguity.
- Experience managing a remote staff.
- Experience and/or understanding of Northwestern Mutual's Field Force, Field Office leadership and sales cycle and the business applications that support it.
- General understanding of computing technology including PCs, networks, VOIP systems and web conferencing systems.
Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups