At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Assist in design, development, and implementation of the employee and employment assessment strategy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advise enterprise leaders on topics of talent assessment, people analytics, and program evaluation.
- Develop, administer, and educate on various assessment tools (e.g., selection & developmental assessments).
- Define and manage governance to ensure assessment approaches adhere to legal requirements and professional standards.
- Partner with business partners, embedded HR and talent management and D&I to design and implement assessment & development solutions, including facilitation when appropriate.
- Utilize talent analytics and success metrics to determine the viability of programs, gather insights for improvement opportunities, and track progress.
- Lead research and benchmarking to both design and implement best-in-class HR processes/systems (e.g., selection, development, and exit protocol).
- Lead projects and consult across the business on topics of: measurement, evaluation strategies, data collection/interpretation, insights and planning.
- Develop training on how to administer and interpret assessments which will live on the learning platform.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master's degree and/or Ph.D. with an emphasis on Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology is required.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant work experience in assessments, measurement and evaluation and/or organizational effectiveness in progressively responsible roles in high performance companies.
- Strategic thinker who can balance current challenges and future possibilities and create strategic focus in an actionable manner for the business.
- Strong analytical and research skills with proven ability to absorb complex information and independently solve problems in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take an idea from conception to successful and sustainable execution.
- Broad exposure to assessment and development content, technology and tools.
- A demonstrated high level of consulting, influencing and decision making skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to lead, manage, and collaborate in multiple and diverse projects.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with an ability to make presentations and create written reports.
- High degree of self-motivation with leadership and initiative in sharing information, contributing towards group goals, and accepting responsibility for results.
- Subject matter expertise in assessment and building and designing corresponding programs and processes and establishing meaningful measures of success.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish rapport at all levels of the organization and direct team members toward the successful execution of key deliverables.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups