At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is seeking an experienced and agile Assistant Director, Investment Products interested in joining a diverse, ambitious, and fast-paced practice advising the Company on a wide range of issues as the Company works to transform how clients experience financial security.
What's the role?
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the development and execution of strategic direction, own product management and represent advisory programs within enterprise initiatives. This position networks extensively with the home office, field, industry and business partner's specific to the product line. This position is responsible for partnering across the home office on regulatory issues, pricing, marketing and field compensation for their products.
Bring Your Best!
What this role needs:
- Synthesizes field and customer feedback, industry trends, and competitor products to help set direction for product evolution that fits the investment approach. Handles partner concerns of advisor issues, research as needed, and respond appropriately.
- Uses field, client and industry insight, to recommend, design and develop new products and features. Maintains co-creation with the field throughout the product development process.
- In-depth knowledge of technology platforms available for investment products. Assesses available offerings and make decisions on which parts of the technology platforms fit Northwestern Mutual products.
- Coordinates with key home office divisions/departments to present recommendations that address opportunities in the integration of the product line into a company-wide approach focused on meeting field and customer needs
- Leads efforts to develop new or enhance existing products and features, including partnering with project management, technical, operational, compensation, investment and regulatory professionals in an ongoing effort to offer driven investment products. Responsibility for leading business decisions that impact scope, risk, business value, schedule and budget. Provides input in department-wide prioritization process.
- Responsible for partnering across the home office on regulatory issues impacting assigned products. Recommends changes to products, programs or processes to maintain compliance.
- May develop a team of individuals and assume responsible for their growth and development
Desired personal attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree (such as MBA) preferred.
- Generally, 8 or more years of experience in financial services
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Wealth Management industry, including product, pricing, marketing, customer preferences, marketplace standards, broker-dealer offerings, future trends and servicing
- Experience with Envestnet’s ENV2, FolioDynamics, and NetX360 a plus
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to lead others around deadlines and prioritization of work.
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-departmental initiatives, driving design and business value
- Ability to anticipate impact of decisions, future consequences and trends.
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks and utilize resources in the industry
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to make effective formal presentations across various levels in the organization. May require negotiation with internal or external business partners in difficult situations.
- Has a strong interest in people development and leading others formally or informally.
- Professional certification - CLU, ChFC, CFA, CFP, CPA or similar designation recommended.
- FINRA Non-Registered Fingerprinted
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups