At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Lead in the development, execution and strategic direction of Alternative Investment products available to high-net-worth clients on our platform. Network extensively with the home office, field, industry and business partner's specific to Alternatives. Partner across the home office on regulatory issues, pricing, marketing and field compensation for their products.
How you will do it:
- Synthesizes field and customer feedback, industry trends, and competitor products to help set direction for product evolution that fits the investment approach. Handle escalations of advisor issues, research as needed, and respond appropriately.
- Uses field, client and industry insight, to recommend, design and develop new products and features. Maintains co-creation with the field throughout the product development process.
- In-depth knowledge of technology platforms available for investment products. Assesses available offerings and make decisions on which parts of the technology platforms fit Northwestern Mutual products.
- Coordinates with key home office divisions/departments to present recommendations that address opportunities in the integration of the product line into a company-wide approach focused on meeting field and customer needs.
- Leads efforts to develop new or enhance existing products and features, including partnering with project management, technical, operational, compensation, investment and regulatory experts in an ongoing effort to offer competitive investment products.
- Manage business decisions that impact scope, risk, business value, schedule and budget. Provides input in department-wide prioritization process.
- Responsible for partnering across the home office on regulatory issues impacting assigned products. Recommends changes to products, programs or processes to maintain compliance.
- May manage a team of individuals and is responsible for their growth and development.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree (such as MBA) preferred.
- Generally, 8 or more years of experience in financial services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Wealth Management industry, including product, pricing, marketing, customer preferences, marketplace standards, broker-dealer offerings, future trends and servicing.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with ability to lead others around deadlines and prioritization of work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, cross-departmental initiatives, driving design and business value.
- Ability to anticipate impact of decisions, future consequences and trends.
- Ability to build strong internal and external networks and utilize resources in the industry.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to make effective formal presentations across various levels in the organization. May require negotiation with internal or external business partners in difficult situations.
- Has a strong interest in people development and leading others formally or informally.
- Professional certification - CLU, ChFC, CFA, CFP, CPA or similar designation recommended.
- FINRA Series 7, or the ability to obtain the SIE and Series 7 within 6 months of hire.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more.
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 7 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups