At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and growing! We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference. Come help us build for the future
What's the Role?
Engage with the leadership teams of multiple departments to co-create organizational and people strategies that deliver business results. Provide strategic, trusted consultation and thought leadership to executive leaders and their teams to forecast, identify, build and implement proactive business and talent solutions that align with enterprise people strategies. Areas of focus will evolve and currently include - talent strategy, DI strategy, interpersonal design and transitions, workforce strategy and planning, data and analytics and engagement strategies and to advise business consultation and talent solutions.
How You'll Do It:
- Partner with multiple departments' Business Leadership Teams to co-create interpersonal and people strategies that deliver business results.
- Provide strategic consultation for the enterprise and outside business perspectives, and thought-leadership to the EO/DH and their leadership teams to forecast, identify, develop and implement proactive business and talent solutions. Actively contributes to the leadership team and ensures solutions are aligned with enterprise people strategies (e.g., Employee Value Proposition, Leadership strategy, etc.)
- Serve as the quarterback to ensure effective execution of business and talent solutions with key partners across HR and the organization (e.g., business leaders, COEs; other HR business partners; communications, finance and technology partners, etc.)
- Apply data analysis skills and judgment to accurately interpret findings and to provide data insight-based approaches to the business.
- Navigate multiple systems and programs including analytic tools, talent management and other HR systems.
- Prioritize collaborators, and changing business landscapes, flexing work approach and style to support the highest priorities' enterprise wide and within HR.
- Engage and consults on escalated issues or issues impacting the department head (political impacts or precedent setting).
- Talent and DI strategy, organizational design and transitions, workforce strategy and planning, data and analytics, and engagement strategies.
- Continually develops skills to maximize value.
What You'll Need:
- 7- 10 years of human resources experience including a Bachelor's degree in HR or an equivalent combination of education and dynamically responsible work experience.
- Significant experience as a business partner to top leadership teams.
- Proven expertise in business and talent strategy, workforce planning, data and analytics, organizational design, and talent management.
- Engages in and models fearless and constructive dialogue; confidence to offer a new and potentially challenging idea to further conversation and critical thinking; ability to deliver difficult / sophisticated messages and help others understand multiple points of view.
- Proven track record to anticipate and respond quickly and creatively to change and shifting, sometimes opposing, priorities. Comfort operating through risk and uncertainty in a high- volume work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to co-create business and talent solutions and quarterback teams in the execution of solutions with business leaders that enable the achievement of business goals.
- Proven strength in business acumen. Strong strategic perspective to leverage outside in perspectives (including HR thought-leadership) and to make internal connections for the business. Ability to forecast and proactively address business/people needs.
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal/influencing skills, including the ability to build trusted advisor relationships across the organization.
- Strong analytical, data and technology skills.
Tuition reimbursement, paid time off, paid volunteer days, and caregiver time off. Highly competitive compensation that includes base salary plus bonus Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k) and company pension program
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here (http://careers.northwesternmutual.com/colorado-and-remote-workers-compensation-and-benefits/) for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups