At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Responsible for independently and objectively analyzing, forecasting and reporting financial results for Northwestern Mutual and subsidiaries. Has interactions with department heads and finance leaders and requires strong business partnerships as analyses, insights and recommendations are presented.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a key financial resource on strategic initiatives for the FP&A team including participation in business case development.
- Responsible for managing the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and reporting of results including variance analysis. Includes developing planning assumptions and understanding and communicating key business drivers of actual results.
- Participates in the setting, monitoring, and reporting targets/outcomes related to key performance indicators, which may include revenue, expense, or other metrics aligned with the company’s financial and strategic goals.
- Prepares financial modeling and scenario planning, and performs analysis to identify trends, guide resource allocation and understand business drivers to ultimately drive policyowner value and financial strength.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related degree required.
- CPA or MBA designation is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 or more years of demonstrated financial leadership in accounting, finance or financial reporting and analysis.
- Strong analytical, planning, organization, budgeting, problem solving, negotiation, oral and written communication skills are essential to this role.
- Ability to develop and interpret financial models for complex analysis.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and lead through change.
Budgeting - Intermediate
Consulting - Intermediate
Cost Forecasting - Advanced
Developing Proposals - Basic
Expense Management - Intermediate
Financial Modeling - Advanced
Financial Reporting - Advanced
Financial Reporting Systems - Expert
Innovation - Advanced
Negotiation - Intermediate
Process Improvements - Intermediate
Reconciliations - Advanced
Strategic Decisions - Intermediate
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups