At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
As part of the Field Experience Center of Excellence team, you will support the inspiring vision of the field experience, the advisor value proposition and competitive positioning; prioritization of needs, and driving the enterprise and field toward an aligned field experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, Field Experience Excellence, partner cross-functionally in the home office and with the field, leveraging FX analytics and insights to lead key initiatives within the home office which strengthen field acumen, drive enterprise alignment around the intended field experience, and ensure the delivery of an exceptional experience to our advisors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner cross functionally within the home office and field to clearly articulate the field value proposition and experience, empowering the enterprise with knowledge and insights and drive alignment on the intended experience.
- Develop strong partnerships in the home office and field to incorporate the voice of the field lens into the work, assess priorities, and strategically guide toward alignment on advancing prioritized solutions that address field needs and pain points.
- Works closely with leadership to facilitate prioritization, resourcing, and design of field experience best practices.
- Integrate field experience best practices and standards in high priority initiatives (and run the business work).
- Provide consultation and direction to ensures that work on and in Field Experience (FX) capabilities align with Career Distribution and Multiyear Strategy priorities
- Effectively works with project teams to align execution plans with FX and CD priorities
- Provides visibility and progress reporting to senior leaders and stakeholders
- Drives discipline, organization, and communication throughout the project lifecycle.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in a large, complex organization.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional team without having a direct reporting line.
- Experience working on or within project initiatives with specific experience in financial analysis, budgeting, communication, marketing, change management
- Ability to influence without authority numerous groups across the organization to get others on board with prioritization, consistency and outcomes
- Ability to effectively communicate and disseminate a portfolio roadmap of FX capability work.
- Strategic thinking to integrate market/competition, alignment with Career Distribution and company priorities and field insights.
- Metrics and data analysis skills to develop, monitor and make data-driven decisions around design and build efficiency and effectiveness.
- Advanced degree preferred.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups