At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
- Primary responsibilities revolve around supporting the Fee-Based Financial Planning (FBP) service and ongoing processes/tool development within NM's Wealth & Investment Management department.
- Responsible for the development and execution of market strategies focused on integrating FBP into the overall company business model, and helping advisors add value for their clients in support of their overall goals.
- Responsible for interpreting and summarizing results of FBP initiatives and financial performance to internal stakeholders, and working with external stakeholders and key vendors to strategize or problem solve.
- May support supervisory reviews of plans or fee-based planning initiatives within the field Network Offices (via Zoom or in-person).
- May leads the development of training and supervisory materials for FBP.
- Provides support for Wealth Management Advisors as they engage clients in the FBP process; this includes technical phone support, case analysis and design, and implementation for complex cases.
- Assist, support and help in the delivery of FBP services, and alignment with other investment product applications for NM's Wealth department.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Career Distribution, Law, Finance, Communications/Marketing and Compliance. This support may also extend to consultation regarding financial planning activities of the Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company and to activities of Wealth Management Advisors and registered investment advisers directed and supervised by Broker/Dealer Compliance, NMIS or WMC.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience and proven success in Finance, Wealth Management or Financial Services-related fields (to include investment products or financial planning services, tools and applications).
- CFA/CPA/CFP, MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- High level of comfort in working with complex spreadsheets or identifying trends and takeaways from large datasets and, to a lesser extent, financial analysis and basic principles of financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to scope out projects and manage significant workload while balancing multiple priorities; ability to set objectives and goals. Includes an ability to gather relevant information systematically; consider a broad range of issues; grasp complexities and problem solve with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in working with or managing relationships with key vendors (external service providers).
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High aptitude in effectively synthesizing and presenting information in a variety of formal and informal settings (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, organization leadership, key vendors, Advisors, their teams and field management).
- Experience working with the Northwestern Mutual field force is highly desirable.
- FINRA Series 7 registration helpful but not required.
- People management experience not required, but a plus.
- Limited work-travel required (<10%)
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 7 - FINRA
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups