At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Supports the measurement, tracking, analytics, and internal reporting of the Northwestern Mutual ESG Metrics including data analysis and reporting of GHG emissions, energy and water usage, waste generation and certain social impact metrics. Responsible for ESG data collection, reporting and analysis and collaborates with other NM functions including purchasing, facilities, energy management and vendor data for supply chain to collect and report Scope 1-3 emissions as applicable. Provides analytical support for the enterprise ESG Department.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Materially assist in the implementation of NM’s ESG strategy and assist in development and implementation of NM’s roadmap to implement solid ESG performance and integration of ESG throughout the business and corporate functions. The successful candidate will also support the Company’s efforts to engage key business partners and raise awareness of NM’s ESG strategy and performance.
- Partner with the business (e.g., businesses, operations, Corporate Finance, Legal, Sourcing & Procurement, Community Relations, HR, Government Affairs, and Facilities, among others) to advise, implement, and track progress on ESG related metrics, goals, and performance measures.
- Have experience in and knowledge of ESG assessments such as TCFD, MSCI, GRI and CDP to ensure ESG data requests are fulfilled in a timely, accurate manner. The ESG Lead will have a firm grasp of emerging ESG, climate change, social impact and sustainability related trends to recommend and coordinate on climate and energy issues, initiatives, and organizations for external engagement.
- Collaborate with key business and corporate functional leaders to identify ESG-related opportunities and facilitate timely and constructive ESG program evaluations as well as develop ESG metrics/analytics to analyze performance and inform decision-making.
- Assist in the managing and utilization of ESG reporting software platforms for collecting, storing, validating, and distributing ESG and sustainability data and content for reporting and responding to business partner requests as required.
- Track industry trends, developments, disclosures, industry standards, regulations and tools including ESG metrics and KPIs and effectively communicate updates and implications with appropriate partners.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of NM’s ESG program including reviewing, reporting on, facilitating and advocating for continuous development in the Company's ESG ratings as measured by leading and relevant ESG standards and frameworks – such as the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and Task Force for Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) – and rating agencies.
- The ESG Lead will also partner with the Communications team to develop the ESG narrative to facilitate a proactive communications strategy that includes key performance and data driven goals, achievements, and metrics.
- Understands database concepts, including awareness of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience with professional software engineering, system administration and software documentation
- Experience with delivering ESG data solutions
- Assist in developing and maintaining ESG data ecosystems to facilitate internal and external reporting, benchmarking, and recognition needs.
- Assess, secure, and expand use of data and make recommendations on applications for enterprise ESG strategy
- In depth knowledge of ESG standards, trends, dynamics driving change, especially in financial services
- Build, manage, and enhance tools and resources to support cross-functional working groups
- Confirmed interpersonal and organizational savvy with demonstrated tact and diplomacy
- Comfortable with shifting priorities and ability to adapt and prioritize work
- Proven ability to communicate both technical and non-technical requirements along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at pushing innovation, quality, and operational excellence
- Handles overall results of multiple programs
- Ability to partner with the business to synthesize requirements and convey technical ideas with simplicity
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups