At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are seeking a leader in our Corporate Solutions unit to be a Product and Engineering manager for emerging Finance and Risk Systems.
The individual selected for this role will have the opportunity to be a change agent by contributing to transformational change within Finance technology and processes!
This role works to link the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to the digital and data strategy, and will collaborate with business leaders, technology partners and core stakeholders to build efficient, sustainable and agile products!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- The Product and Engineering Manager serves as the individual accountable for one or more systems, leading multi-disciplinary and cross-divisional teams to deliver value to the enterprise.
- The leader possesses application knowledge in the Finance domain, (e.g., accounting, AP and AR, billing, procurement, risk, treasury, etc.).
- Collaborating with senior level stakeholders and representing the Technology team to progress the digital Finance and Risk agenda.
- They can translate business challenges into workable application designs utilizing target state architecture and have the capability to be hands-on with both functional and technical knowledge.
- They are curious. They stay on top of new developments in your domain, and they adapt well to change.
- They can translate technology trends into scalable solutions for the Finance domain.
- They enjoy managing collaborative Agile teams and are ready to tackle new and unexpected challenges while further optimizing the application landscape.
- Accelerating the performance of their team and contributing to their professional growth.
- Collaborating with our application vendors and managing their services based on the agreed SLAs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of professional experience required
- 3-5+ years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices.
- 2-5+ years of experience leading engineering teams including:
- Growing engineering skill sets in others.
- Developing future engineering leaders.
- Providing direct feedback and performance evaluations.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions.
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods.
- Solid understanding of the organizations primary domains and business functions.
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business.
- Ability to optimally communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail.
- Leads the team to collaboration.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups