At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the Digital Workplace team at Northwestern Mutual, our mission is to provide seamless digital workplace experience that delight people and build connections to our work, our clients, and most importantly, to each other. We envision a work environment with digital capabilities that are a catalyst to realizing our company strategy while making it ridiculously easy to do your best work.
We’re seeking a new member of our leadership team who brings energy, passion, team spirit and a customer-obsessed outlook to a role with wide-reaching impact.
We are looking for a leader to set, deliver, and improve on a vision for endpoint (end user computing) technologies in the Digital Workplace. This includes hardware, platforms, management tools, and software. This individual will be accountable for understanding the needs of our users and partnering with key stakeholders to ensure the technology that is being introduced meets the needs of our user base while also improving the overall experience with these technologies. Key capabilities in this space are PC and Mac operating systems, enterprise software distribution, virtual workstations (VDI, virtual applications, etc.), mobile solutions, automation, full endpoint hardware lifecycle management (including: hardware selection, purchasing, imaging, distribution, and removal), printing and scanning, as well as several other key services/platforms that ensure the health of our endpoints. Operational work, which includes system resiliency, redundancy, stability, disaster recovery, security, and support will be a key focus areas while ensuring the way we go about our work is meeting the needs of our (internal) customers in the most efficient and effective way.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead people leaders as well as directly lead a team(s) of engineers, support analysts, and business analysts that will design, build, implement and support our Workspace Experience (endpoint) tools and systems.
· Use effective agile delivery processes, service metrics, and communication methods to effectively deliver services to our customers at HQ, remote, and field financial representative locations. (35,000 end user base)
· Foster data-driven decision-making by leading efforts towards researching, acquiring, and leveraging data on user needs, behaviors and experiences
· Lead business and technical discussions with stakeholder/internal customers (e.g. end user representatives, server, networking, architecture, etc.) that drive decisions and implementation.
· Lead engineering and support teams of varying professional levels to include coaching, development, performance, and staffing decisions.
· Accountable for vendor relationship management across the domain’s products, partner with various NM relationship owners, Enterprise Vendor Management, and any other stakeholders to achieve our strategy.
· Collaborate in the development of impactful strategies and business/product use cases with product managers and communicate these strategies clearly to stakeholders, leadership, partnering teams, and staff.
· Measure and adapt to results through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, engagement, and satisfaction.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
· Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in information technology delivery, support, or management
· A minimum of 7 years of experience planning, organizing, and managing the activities of others as direct reports
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in the endpoint (end user computing) technology domain
· Active knowledge and experience with end user computing technologies like: SCCM, InTune, Autopilot, VMware Horizon, Mac, Windows, endpoint security tools, Gitlab…
· Personal accountability, curiosity, passion for high quality, continuous learning, innovative thinking, and building up others
· Excellent leadership skills including people management, stakeholder management, communication, delegation, and negotiation skills
· Demonstrated orientation toward partnering as a business approach to organizational outcomes
· Proven leadership in decision making and problem solving
· Flexibility, ability to manage multiple priorities and the ability to handle ambiguity
· Emphasis on the need to provide continuous and improving customer service and support
· Continuous drive towards improving the customer (end user) experience, supporting technology, and the processes that support our work.
· Experienced in the use of data and metrics to measure performance not only of the services your team provides to customers but also of the performance of your teams
· A theoretical and logical understanding of specific domains your teams work in, and ability to articulate trade offs across team and to senior leaders.
· Experience with engineering full software development lifecycle best practices including requirement gathering, design, testing, architecture, security, compliance, implementation, and support
· Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
· Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
· Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups