At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Field Rewards team is responsible for leading the design of compensation, recognition and benefit programs to influence members of our distribution system. The programs and contracts this team designs and monitors are integral to the delivery of the company strategy and functional strategies, including growth of the distribution system, and as such require review of financial implications for the company, advisor, and field leader. The Assistant Director supports the design of this work through consideration of financial implications and strategic analysis, compliance and legal implications, technology and administrative feasibility, risk and wealth product mechanics/priorities, field experience, and behavioral economics. The Assistant Director will often lead implementation and execution of new programs and changes to existing programs. This role will regularly partner with peers across the function and broader company and will frequently contribute to efforts involving senior leadership and key field advisors and leaders.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports complex, cross-functional, and ambiguous initiatives that align to and drive the company strategy. As a part of this work, may lead implementation and execution of program components or components of design.
- Conducts complex analyses and modeling to support program design and program updates bringing together expertise related to financials, regulations, compliance, administration, product design, and field experience.
- Manages the maintenance of existing programs (compensation, recognition, and benefits) to ensure they meet financial objectives, remain compliant with ever changing laws, align with the strategy, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Analyzes requests for exceptions to guidelines and policies evaluating all variables, including impact to the system of one-off solutions.
- Acts as key subject matter resource on risk product compensation, investment compensation, bonuses, field contracts, ensemble compensation, retirement benefits, medical benefits and other ancillary field benefits, and corporate recognition of advisors and field leaders.
- Partners to translate program designs accurately and effectively into systems requirements and communications.
- Builds understanding of competitive, regulatory, and economic environment shifts and changes and considers impact on Total Reward programs.
- Supports development of team members through mentorship, guidance and coaching.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross-functional partners and field members.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, analytics, finance, accounting or actuarial science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years progressively responsible work experiences, including leading initiatives, driving results with others, and performing financial and data analysis.
- Ability to pull and present key insights from analysis that helps drive decisions or design for various audiences, including ability to express technical concepts in understandable language and deliver difficult messages in a empathic way.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport and establish and maintain effective, cooperative, and supportive relationships at all levels in the Home Office and field.
- Proven ability to influence others and build partnerships.
- Intellectual agility, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a proven ability to develop creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability working through ambiguity.
- Expert at leveraging data and tools for research and analysis.
- Three plus years of experience working with NM field force preferred.
#LI-Hybrid > partially onsite, partially remote
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups