At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
The Assistant Director Corporate Strategic Planning is a member of the corporate strategic planning team and will work with business partners within Northwestern Mutual to help ensure successful execution of the MYS and engage in other strategy development programs as needed.
This person will support the planning and oversight of the multi-year strategy (“MYS”) and related priorities and activities across the organization.
How you will do it:
- Leads projects that involve more complex decisions and project management. Projects typically rely less on established practices and involve greater coordination with cross-functional business clients and/or vendors. Coordinates the needs and opinions of stakeholders across the organization.
- Provides proactive research consultation to business stakeholders throughout the Company. Advises and assists them in solving business issues.
- Develops proposals, designs research, and implements quantitative and qualitative research.
- Integrates business, product, competitive research knowledge and information acquired to provide corporate direction and lead to insight regarding business objectives.
- Provides consultation to cross-functional partners on more complicated business needs and evaluates and solves business problems using structured approaches.
- Develops research reports and insights presentations that are more complex in nature, integrating results from many sources and presenting them in a clear and concise fashion. Able to present complex information in an understandable way.
- Interacts with management to address objectives. Communicates to various levels within the company, including executive-level, and presents complex topics to large and diverse audiences.
- Provides research consulting experience to develop white papers summarizing industry, competitor and consumer insights and trends.
- Researches and stays informed on broad financial services industry trends to synthesize external findings with an understanding of Northwestern Mutual’s business operations and strategy.
- Establishes and manages relationships with colleagues, senior management, and industry contacts.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a background in corporate strategy, research, financial analysis, or financial services; including meaningful experience strategy consulting and/or strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in business, strategy, finance, economics, or related fields is required; MBA preferred.
- Understanding of the financial services industry, insurance, and other financial products
- Presence and skills to optimally navigate working with senior-level external parties.
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills with ability to establish rapport and gain acceptance at all levels in the organization.
- Strong presentation skills with capability to simplify sophisticated information for consumption by broader audience.
- Ability to lead multiple, diverse assignments in a timely and quality manner.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more.
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups