At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Supports the operations of the company’s internal audit department including its methodology and processes, overseeing the quality assurance program, supporting regulatory exam requests and interviews, and supporting the development of the department’s reporting to various stakeholders, including audited business areas, senior management, corporate committees and six Board audit committees.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the department’s executive level reporting, including developing presentation material and regular updates to the Chief Audit Executive on the status of audit issue resolution.
- Develops new dashboards, reporting formats and other tools as needed
- Primary data steward of Corporate Audit data.
- Leads quality assurance and quality control reviews to confirm Corporate Audit’s activities are in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Professional Practice Framework Revised Standard (IIA Standards) s, the IIA Code of Ethics and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates strong audit skills and project management skills.
- Demonstrates or develops an appropriate level of organizational, regulatory, and business knowledge.
- Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships within the department and with our business contacts.
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts in the department.
- Proactively keeps the department informed of emerging trends, developments and practices affecting the profession of internal auditing
- Stays current on the regulatory environment and its impact to the business.
- Assists in development of performance metrics for the department
- Performs special projects in the department that arise
- Develops and produces monthly training sessions for the department on topics of interest
- Leads change management efforts across the department with respect to changes in operations and/or methodology.
- Undergraduate degree (accounting, economics, business, or other relevant)
- Minimum of five or more years of experience in audit, compliance, data analysis, or related business operations.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with IIA Standards, and guidance or requirements applicable to internal audit issued by the FFIEC and OCC
- Experience preparing reports for senior management, including use of PowerPoint.
- Experience executing audit engagement and/or assurance reviews; knowledge of internal audit methodology, procedures & tools.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with project/time management and working in a team environment.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and respond to changing business needs.
- Ability to build rapport and understand internal businesses clients.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory practices within internal audit departments, financial services preferred
- CPA, CIA, CIDA, CFE preferred or willingness to obtain
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skill, PowerBI, Tableau or other data visualizations experience preferred.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups