At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This role will be accountable to help drive our Consumer Identity and access management strategy and platform modernization efforts while managing the operational expectations of our existing platform. As a people manager this role will be expected to deliver results through teams, and work with employees on development and goal achievement.
You will be leading a team with 9+ FTEs and Contractors. You will work closely with business partners, application and infrastructure partners and vendors to support the existing systems along with planning and delivering on business and technology transformation priorities.
What's the role?
As Assistant Director for IAM, you will lead a team of engineers, product owners and consultants focused on driving strategic alignment, design, metrics, analytics and user experience in modernizing our consumer identity platform utilized by our clients.
The ideal candidate will work closely with internal department and cross organizational leadership, engineering, product teams, and key strategic stakeholders in working with direct team to solve problems as well as improving security around customer identity capabilities.
Successful candidate will also have background in managing external vendor relationships, agile mindset and familiarity with Okta.
- Set a compelling vision for The team, measure and adapt to results through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Develop and grow The team through training, mentoring, and coaching in your team and across The technology organization.
- Clarify objectives and remove obstacles and barriers that prevent The team and organization from achieving results.
- Develop, implement, and promote agile / lean best practice standards including The use of tools and automation.
- Active participant in setting Standards and engineering best practices for an engineering domain.
- Active participant in setting technical roadmap and technical vision for a broad set of technology disciplines
- Accountable for a full range of manager responsibilities including communication, coaching, mentoring and staff development, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions. Participant in functional management to ensure optimum effectiveness and quality by managing adherence to strategies, goals, budgets, operating policies and procedures as an NM frontline manager. Alignment of roles and responsibilities in decision making.
- Accountable for translating the departmental strategy to IAM security operational objectives including both systems and processes. Drives for results through others to include:
• Integrating and designing measurement systems, targets and specific initiatives in support of the various strategies
• Directing teams and individuals to ensure business outcomes are achieved
• Identifying and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels in order to ensure alignment with departmental and enterprise business strategies
- Accountable for an effective and efficient business unit designed and maintained to support the business outcomes. Responsible for the integration of:
• Organization/department design and structure
• Workforce management (forecasting, obtaining, developing and assigning the right resources)
• Effective and efficient internal work flow and processes
• Information and knowledge flows throughout the business unit and out to the organization through both formal and informal exchanges
- Accountable for providing guidance and escalation avenues for the business unit based on understanding the business values, goals, work processes and work flows
- Responsible for counsel to the enterprise on interpreting and integrating IAM to support departmental and corporate strategies
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Experience in the following domains: SSO/Federation, Okta, AWS, Privileged Access, and Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Strong ability to identify and set security practices.
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- 8 plus years of work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security and/or Architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience
- Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc).
- Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; pension, 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups