At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
The Assistant Director of Compensation will be a key resource in our growing and critical technology area. This role will play a strategic role in the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of compensation programs, policies, and procedures and ensure alignment with the business strategy, goals, and objectives. You’ll guide your clients on compensation-related topics, including the design and implementation of function-based efforts as well as supporting enterprise-wide compensation programs. Working with leaders and human resource business partners, you’ll provide advice and support to leaders of all levels of the organization on a wide range of compensation matters including pay recommendations, policy interpretations, and job evaluations. You’ll have the freedom to proactively identify compensation needs for your clients, on a current and forward-looking basis.
Bring your best! What you'll get to do:
- Collaborate with HR business partners and the Technology function as a trusted advisor
- Lead compensation-related projects, conduct research, and implement and introduce new and enhanced compensation-related initiatives.
- Design, implement and administer management and office staff compensation programs.
- Leads all aspects of the design and maintenance of the Workday system as it relates to compensation content and process.
- Partners in the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs unique to assigned business areas.
- Partners with Legal, Controllers, Compliance, etc. on the analysis, interpretation, and recommendation of legal, regulatory, and finance/accounting provisions that impact the delivery of compensation programs within Northwestern Mutual.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, human resources, or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of compensation experience to include proven success designing, modifying, and consulting on compensation programs
- Proven success advising on compensation in a technology-heavy company, division, or function
- Experience with multiple job evaluation methodologies, and knowledge of regulations and laws impacting compensation practices.
- Strong intuition for business to include knowledge of current and future practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization.
- Leads cross-functional compensation-related design efforts when assigned.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with people at all levels of the organization and influence without authority.
- Excellent consulting skills and demonstrated application to include contracting, engagement, implementation, and assessment.
- Shown success in dealing with ambiguous situations and working independently.
- Proven ability to integrate among the various Human Resources fields.
- MBA in business or related field or CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) designation preferred but not required
- Leadership background in diversified business settings is preferred but not required
Highly competitive compensation that includes base salary plus bonus, 401K, Company-sponsored pension program, Tuition reimbursement, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups