At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What you will do:
We need you to lead the execution of the company’s corporate reputation communications strategies! A major part of your role will be to focus on managing issues that could have a significant corporate or brand impact to Northwestern Mutual. Partners with others across communications and the business to identify potential issues and develop recommendations designed to protect and shape the company’s reputation among internal and external audiences.
How you will do it:
- Partners with the Senior Director to provide critical communication recommendations pertaining to real or potential reputational issues by proactively writing and socializing communication strategies and other written deliverables.
- Uses critical thinking skills in the research of global, national and local issues in business and industry to identify potential areas of reputational impact for the company and to outline questions for internal partners to inform our position. Proactively summarizes findings into synopses that are easy to understand and discuss across departments to gain cross-functional alignment.
- Builds strong relationships across the communications team and broader organization, serving as a liaison for key business partners including Internal Communications, Public Relations, Legal, Compliance, Technology (Cybersecurity), Insurance Product, Risk Classification, and Social Media teams to gather information and create communication recommendations for employee, field, client and media scenarios.
- Develops clear, concise proactive and reactive talking points, media statements and other materials for a wide range of communications channels quickly and efficiently.
- Guides external agency in the development of strategic materials that support the corporate reputation function, as needed.
- Surveys the daily national, trade and local news landscape for notable developments on key issues scenarios to share with and across teams to keep them informed. Identifies key media outlets or reporters critical to reputation management and leads or maintains business relationships.
- Tracks reputation management activities to assess trends over time and opportunities for improvement. Recommends validated ways to improve processes and creates mechanisms to demonstrate the benefit of corporate reputation management for the company.
- Provides deep knowledge of the Milwaukee-area media across digital, print and broadcast media channels and awareness of local influential organizations and individuals to understand the company’s role within the local business community.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or Political Science or related field.
- A minimum 10 years of experience in professional public relations or corporate communications.
- A minimum of 3 years direct experience with issues management and crisis communications with the ability to work with sensitive information. Brings relevant experience operating within a complex organization that requires interacting with and a range of partners and processes to gain alignment.
- Sound problem identification, judgment, resolution and decision-making skills often in ambiguous situations. Works efficiently under pressure with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across a diverse set of functions.
- Skilled at implementing messages to target audiences using a full range of communication channels.
- Experience working in the insurance industry or another highly regulated industry is preferred
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups