At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we help our clients realize the promise of financial security and deliver comprehensive planning, insurance and investments through a trusted advisor and engaging technology.
Our team focuses on new business and this key role will direct and implement communication strategy. Working cross functionally, this person will encourage, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the company's clients, prospects, influencers, the field, employees and other partners.
Bring your best - Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Consults with senior level leaders of client group(s) on enterprise-wide communication strategy.
- Leads committees and task forces in developing sophisticated communication initiatives that support the enterprise-wide communication goals and objectives.
- May have formal supervisory responsibility and/or lead communication specialists.
- Develops metrics/measures to evaluate the efficiency of communication and evaluate the return on communication investment.
- Attends client group team meetings to understand communication needs to provide a proactive, rapid response to time critical issues.
- Works independently with guidance on only the most complex situations.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- proven ability in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Proven expertise in project management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen to, engage, and influence clients; synthesize and relate sophisticated information; and develop and implement coordinated communications strategies.
- Ability to adapt style and build consensus with senior leaders.
- Ability to lead others to solve sophisticated problems and analyze information make innovative business decisions.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups