At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This role is in the Enterprise Information Risk and Cybersecurity (EIRC) Department which exists to protect our clients and maintain their trust through delivery of outstanding and innovative cybersecurity and risk management services. Play a key role in helping drive the strategic department vision, operating model, budget and planning activities, and outcomes for the division. Lead efforts that drive the strategy and provide solutions that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department to support growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for translating the departmental strategy to information risk management operational objectives including both systems and processes.
- Drive efforts and/or multiple projects concurrently to support achievement of the department’s vision and to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the department
- Responsible for strategy and planning to align business operations with the company's overarching strategy, mission and goals.
- Leads department planning and financial/budgeting process.
- Pursue automation opportunities that provide maximum impact and efficiency for the department
- Provide support and guidance to facilitate effective decision-making which has a significant impact on the organization; this includes strategic planning, roadmap development, operational planning, leading key departmental priorities, meeting planning and preparation.
- Be responsible for the department’s knowledge management initiatives and operational processes
- Implement, analyze and report on critical metrics supporting the division’s objectives
- Build out and lead department’s quarterly business review process
- Accountable for a full range of manager responsibilities including communication, coaching, mentoring and staff development, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business-related area.
- Minimum of 7 years' business leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' people management experience.
- Outstanding project management and change management skills with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively to get results
- Knowledge of, or a willingness to become familiar with IT security and the risk management space
- Ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team and numerous groups across the organization.
- Validated ability to strategically prioritize and the ability to handle ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills; able to handle contending demands and work under tight time frames.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Validated analytical abilities, strong problem solving and strategic/critical thinking skills.
- Ability to influence others through a combination of active listening, asserting own ideas and persuading others
- Facilitation and team building skills; ability to play an active, operational and communicative role.
- Interpersonal savvy and comfort interacting with and presenting to all levels of the organization, including senior leaders
- High degree of self-motivation with leadership and initiative in sharing information, contributing towards group goals, and accepting responsibility for results.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program, and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups