At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
**No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!**
We are seeking a people leader for the application security risk engineering team. Bring your strong initiative, drive and ownership to this role. Help guide a team that is growing and transforming!
Our Application Security–Risk Engineering team identifies, assesses and treats risks of our applications so that confidentiality, integrity and availability of our products can be ensured. Helping ensure our Engineering Solutions Delivery (ESD) teams adequately address security for their applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for a full range of manager responsibilities including people leadership, communication, coaching, mentoring and staff development conversations, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions. Participant in functional management to ensure optimum effectiveness and quality by managing alignment to strategies, goals, budgets, operating policies and procedures as an NM frontline manager. Alignment of roles and responsibilities in decision making.
- Accountable for translating the departmental strategy for application security objectives including both systems and processes. Drives for results through others to include: Integrating, tracking and designing measurement systems, targets and specific initiatives in support of the various strategies
- Advising teams and individuals to ensure security outcomes are achieved Identifying and cultivating relationships with key team members representing a broad range of functions and levels in order to ensure alignment with departmental and enterprise security strategies
- Accountable for an effective and efficient business unit designed and maintained to support the business outcomes. Responsible for the integration of: Organization/department design and structure, Workforce management (forecasting, obtaining, developing and assigning the right resources), Effective and efficient internal workflow and processes
- Information and knowledge flows throughout the business unit and out to the organization through both formal and informal exchanges
- Responsible for counsel to the enterprise on interpreting and integrating application security elements into applications
- Accountable for evaluation, review and approval of risk assessment, vulnerability management and risk management strategies and processes in order to establish a foundation for appropriately managing systems and data risks.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS or related field; or related work experience beyond the minimum required.
- One or more advanced risk or security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM, CCSP).
- 9-14 years of professional experience required
- Minimum of nine (9) total year’s relevant experience to include a minimum of two or more years of experience in information systems or application development audit plus a minimum of five years experience in planning, organizing and managing the activities of others as direct reports and/or project teams.
- People management skills to include human relations and relationship building necessary to lead a group of people.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources operating policies.
- Demonstrable ability to build effective teams committed to organizational goals.
- Foster collaboration among team members and across teams
- Demonstrated ability to step forward to address difficult issues.
- Ability to influence others through a combination of active listening, asserting own ideas and persuading others
- Validated analytical abilities especially in decision making and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize and the ability to handle ambiguity
- Skilled with cultivating relationships and counseling key business partners within all levels of the organization
- Experience with developing teams in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management tools helpful (I.e., SAST, DAST, RASP, etc.)
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups