At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Company's second line expert on model risk oversight for data analytic models, working closely with the Vice President - Enterprise Risk Management and Assistant Director – Enterprise Risk Management on aspects of the Company’s model governance framework related to data analytic models.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help craft our ongoing maturation of our model risk management framework as applied to data analytic models, anticipating new developments related to decision science models and proposing practical methods appropriate to the nature, scale & complexity of the risk, including improvements to our model governance policy, practices and frameworks, model validation and bias testing practices, model risk ranking methodology, and documentation templates.
- Work closely with first line partners in Data Science & Analytics and other parts of the organization to facilitate effective first line risk management practices and integration with enterprise-level model governance.
- Provide oversight for model validation and bias testing exercises.
- Understand and engage with enterprise partners on developing regulatory expectations and industry best practices related to data analytic model governance and risk management.
- Support other ERM initiatives as needed, including ongoing maturation of enterprise risk aggregation, assessment and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field
- 6 years' of progressive professional experience, in data science, actuarial science, risk management, finance, accounting, statistics, or related field.
- At least 3 years of leadership accountabilities with exposure to senior management.
- Demonstrated expertise in data science and model risk management, including a working knowledge of data analytic modeling techniques as well as relevant model governance frameworks (e.g, Fed SR 11-7).
- Deep understanding of the financial services industry and the environment the Company operates in and, preferably, understanding of Northwestern Mutual’s business, organizational structure and culture.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (with experience in data visualization a plus), including proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with key collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to handle cross-functional projects, including “leading without authority”.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups