At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Develop, identify, analyze, and improve new and existing , complex business processes for ensemble and PCG to improve product/service quality, increase efficiencies, reduce costs or waste, decrease errors or delays, and increase field satisfaction. Deliver superior business performance by relentlessly pursuing process excellence on behalf of our employees, field, and clients. Architect experiences using business process management to design, analyze, implement, and control processes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Drive Business Performance
- Measure, analyze, and evaluate existing processes, collect data to identify root causes, perform cost benefit analysis, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Independently drive improvements while maintaining HO and field perspective.
- Develop, recommend, and implement solutions for process improvement, system enhancement, and operations efficiency that are aligned with business strategies.
- Validate and verify the process measurement system.
- Proactively monitor the holistic health (control parameters) of processes within the respective journey, recommend action if degradation occurs, and adjust controls as necessary.
- Design, guide, and promote process architecture that aligns with Advisor practicesCG priorities.
- Integrate best practices on process improvement activities across the organization.
- Research and advocate for process improvement tools, techniques, and technology to determine potential impact and opportunities to provide additional value to the organization.
- Demonstrate highly empathetic, customer-centric service while aiding others in their learning and execution of transformational activities. Customer may include the field.
- Demonstrate independent, advanced-level command of business process principles and methods, and guide improvement initiatives and mindsets for business partners with exceptional emotional intelligence and political acumen.
- Collaborate with, and influence business leaders, technology, and other stakeholders to connect process architecture roadmap with operational decisions.
- Proactively seek opportunities to connect processes across journeys.
- Guide complex process reengineering and technology implementation to enable process redesign and innovation.
- Develop, build, and deploy business process architecture and management framework that provides measurable impact across organizational boundaries through principles, best practices, patterns, guidelines, standards, methods, techniques, and models.
- Demonstrate digital savvy and engage the business and technology experts to innovative future state processes with high first-pass yield, high field/client satisfaction, and a frictionless employee experience.
- Develop a mastery of end-to-end processes within respective journey (e.g., volume, AHT, costs, cycle time, defects within processes, processes that are defects).
- Integrate knowledge and business priorities to help resolve the most challenging, cross-functional problems, which usually span multiple priorities, experience journeys, or departments.
- Lead others through ambiguity with confidence and engagement.
- Inform and influence senior leadership in setting the strategic direction for process improvement capability and ensuring maximum business outcomes are achieved.
- Develop and manage relationships with key corporate partners to advance engagement, alignment, and understanding of the benefits of business process excellence for their teams and the business as a whole.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of project management and process transformation experience, with numerous experiences leading complex, large-scale improvements and projects.
- Strong communication at various levels of the organization (from staff to upper management) to increase engagement and understanding of process excellence processes, goals, and benefits.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead or manage highly complex projects involving multiple stakeholders, process improvements, communications, and difficult change management.
- Superior oral and written communications skills with the proven ability to build relationships and successfully negotiate issues with the home office and field.
- Demonstrated high level of organization and follow through with the ability to effectively identify and independently establish priorities and meet deadlines on multiple assignments with high quality results.
- Deep experience with utilizing various systems to collect and analyze data.
- Previous Facilitator and Coaching experiences where problem solving, process development, and/or behavior change methods and tools have been demonstrated.
- Expert-level experience (i.e., Master Black Belt equivalent) with Lean, Six Sigma, or similar methodology.
- Team lead experience in technology and/or business functions.
- Proven track record of analyzing current state issues, determining root causes, and designing transformational experiences aligned to a strategic direction, ensuring stabilization and sustainability.
- Demonstrated superior leadership skills and a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and influence with authority at all levels of an organization.
- Strong leadership experience in a transformational, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing large high-impact roll-out efforts to ensure sustainability of individual efforts as well as of process excellence.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups