At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Hybrid opportunity in Milwaukee, WI that is heavily focused on modeling and financial projections. The majority of the position will include working extensively with internal models to project financials, test accuracy and ensure confidence in the modeling process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform enterprise financial forecasting, analysis & risk assessment. This role involves working with all Northwestern Mutual’s risk product lines, wealth business, and other aspects related to key performance metrics, and would offer significant exposure to senior company leadership and decision making.
- Partner with several areas across the company including Finance, Investment Strategy, Corporate Strategy, Enterprise Risk, Investment Risk & Operations, as well as Risk Experience Analytics, Modeling, Pricing, Valuation, and Financial Reporting in Actuarial.
- Provide actuarial professional advice and services, including the preparation of forecasts, reports and other actuarial services as needed.
- Identify and solve a wide variety of actuarial problems related to the Company's operation.
- Keep up to date on current developments in actuarial techniques and research and on the laws and regulations applicable to their area of responsibility.
- Provide guidance to other officers or members of the department within your field of expertise.
- May also represent the department or Company as a member of Company, industry or professional committees.
- Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, or related field.
- Attainment of Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation.
- A minimum of five years proven actuarial experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of expertise in actuarial modeling.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more!
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups