At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We care about our clients! We want them to have a better, more efficient and positive experience every time they come into contact with us.
In this role, you would have a huge role in making this happen!
You will direct and implement Northwestern Mutual's communication strategy to inform, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the company's clients, prospects, key influencers, the field, employees and other partners.
Is this the next step for your career? Can you help us take our Client experience to the next level?
How you will make it happen:
- Engage with and advise senior level leaders of client group(s) on enterprise-wide communication strategy.
- Lead committees and task forces in developing complex communication initiatives that support the enterprise-wide communication goals and objectives.
- Manage and/or lead & mentor more junior Communication Specialists.
- Develop metrics/measures to evaluate the effectiveness of communication and assess the return on communication investment.
- Attend client group team meetings to understand communication needs to provide a proactive, rapid response to time critical issues.
- Work independently with guidance on only the most complex situations.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing or related communication field.
- Demonstrated skill in project management.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen to, engage, and influence clients; synthesize and relate complex information; and develop and implement integrated communications strategies.
- Ability to adapt style and build consensus with senior leaders.
- Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and analyze information make innovative business decisions.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups