At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
**No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!**
We are looking for a thought-leader to join our organization as an Assistant Director of Product Management. You will be the engine that drives forward and implements the product vision for agile work management tools within the Technology space at NM, namely Atlassian's JIRA and JIRA Align. You thrive in working closely with partners throughout the enterprise and will own the engineering team and program managers responsible for support and ongoing maintenance, as well owning communication and organizational change.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Vision: Sets the mid-term (1-2 year) vision of a product portfolio (multiple products) including how they will produce business outcomes. Responsible for encouraging an environment of understanding the products. Owns the full product life cycle from planning, building and execution, maintenance and support to end of life retirement.
- Goals: Sets the product objectives and key results for a product. Aligns the engineering and design team around a common set of goals based on shipping product features.
- Roadmap: Accountable for providing high-level direction that illustrates the epics and features that will be delivered across a portfolio of products or platform and how it integrates with other cross functional team efforts.
- Requirements: Accountable for gathering higher level, more sophisticated product requirements and have a general understanding/knowledge of products they are responsible for. Reviews and validates requirements gathered within team.
- Defines the Product: Identifies and validates problems and/or opportunities for multiple user groups/scenarios across the company. Aligns customers and documents high-level business requirements or manages vendor relationships and any applicable request for proposal (RFP) or proof of concept (POC) processes.
- Communication: Comfortable interacting with different cross-functions of the organization.
- Prioritization: Responsible for setting long term goals for both products and team members. Accountable for helping teams track progress against Key Results and helps balance priorities with critical initiatives or the introduction of new products.
- Leadership: Builds the future by encouraging an engaging environment and encouraging accountability and development. Breaks down barriers so individuals and teams can be accountable and responsible to do their best. Aligns employees passion to business value outcomes.
- Data Driven: Builds a culture of making data driven decisions that influence business and engineering to model this behavior.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent technical, business or financial field.
- 9+ years of working as a product manager on technology-powered product teams.
- Displays a passion for product discovery and delivery.
- Is motivated to build team members and drive innovation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and deep technical discussions.
- Experience using Atlassian tools in an agile setting.
- Certification or course-completion in agile methods.
- 3+ years of formal people management experience
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups