At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Engineering Shared Services (ESS) vision as an integral part of NM’s software delivery ecosystem though standardization, simplification and automation. Helping teams accelerate delivery by solving problems that matter through innovative shared technology solutions and keeping NM’s delivery running smoothly and ensure our teams are best positioned to do their jobs.
About the API Software Transformation Lead role:
In this role, be a champion for new Enterprise Architecture standards by engaging with the internal software engineering community.
- Implement well-rounded solutions using working relationships across the enterprise.
- Design, organize, and implement high impact solutions across teams both within and outside their division.
- Establish, aggregate, and share enterprise standards and standard methodologies.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers within respective division.
- Ensure production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis is performed for their products.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of professional experience in software engineering.
- 5-8+ years of experience leading teams using modern engineering tools, languages, and practices.
- Exposure to containerization using Kubernetes/docker with exposure to GitOps .
- Direct experience with the e2e API lifecycle management , from build to deprecation.
- Experience with Trunk based development and DevOps deployment using Feature Flags
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups