At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves. It is critical to the career distribution, that they have a clear picture of if they work they are doing is accurate or needs adjustments. This role is directly responsible for building well tested, up to date and documented data structures for our advisors to access. It is critical to make this easy to access for our teams.
- Acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize, and structure data with clear definitions and sources for analytical consumption
- Consult with data consumers to identify meaningful datasets for analytical consumption.
- Develop data products using continuous deployment and integration practices
- Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support data analytics products.
- Participate in agile story authoring, sizing, and demo sessions for product features
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to the team
What this role needs:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience in data acquisition, cleansing, feature engineering, debugging and software documentation, using languages such as SQL, Scala, Python
- At least 1 year experience with specific technical requirements/platforms like AWS
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Experience navigating various types of database models and DBMS’s to create data sets for analytics and model training and development.
- Experience with Testing or data accuracy/quality designs
- Proficient programming skills
- Strong Python and cloud compute skills
- Strong SQL skills and background in ETL
- Familiar with distributed data systems and applications.
- Familiar with data lake design and implementation considerations such as columnar storage formats (Parquet) and partitioning
- Understanding of analytics and data science applications
- Understanding of requirement driven data models such dimensional and relational.
- Understanding of the business domain and the meaning of the data in it to accurately identify key and associated data which can be extracted, transformed and loaded for effective consumption downstream.
- Understands data flow so that data can be shared across the company with one source of truth being the goal.
- Build data validation to insure integrity for user consumption
- Familiar and aware of regulations around the use of PII data.
- Familiarity with data lake environments
- Ability to explain their technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and seeking to learn
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps environment
- Experience with user adhoc tools; power bi, business objects, Tableau
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups