At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong and vibrant group of advisors. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD) function, which is at the forefront of working across the company’s headquarters and the nation-wide group of advisors to achieve sales and growth objectives.
What's the role?
We are seeking an Attorney to join our Advanced Planning team. This person will report directly to the VP of Advanced Planning. Northwestern Mutual’s Advanced Planning group is a collaborative team of professionals supporting a diverse and dynamic group of financial advisors providing best-in-class planning for high-net-worth clients. By combining industry-leading subject matter expertise and thought leadership, we help our financial advisors deliver superior and comprehensive financial planning for clients. We bring new ideas and critical thinking when solving complex problems and shaping the ever-changing planning landscape.
Responsibilities of this role:
Consult with financial advisors on their clients’ planning goals and objectives daily
Write articles with practical insights and applications based on technical research
Educate advisors, their financial planners, clients, and clients’ representatives (e.g., attorneys and accountants)
Conduct legal, planning, and tax analysis based on clients’ facts and circumstances
Lead and support company-wide projects to support planning for clients
Build and maintain deep knowledge on tax and legal issues impacting financial planning through analysis of industry trends, including estate planning, tax planning, business planning, executive benefits, and charitable planning
Bring your best! What the role requires:
- Bachelor's degree
- JD from accredited law school and licensed to practice law in at least one state
- Advanced degrees and designations, such as LLM, CLU®, CFP®, preferred
- 5+ years of tax, financial planning, and legal experience, with financial services strongly preferred
- FINRA Series 6 or Series 7, or attainment within six months of hire
- Knowledge and experience in planning for high-net-worth clients, such as estate planning, tax planning, business planning, executive benefits, and charitable planning
- Knowledge of financial and insurance products and services and how they fit into advanced planning concepts
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills, with client experience preferred
- Ability to comprehend and evaluate complex planning concepts and explain them clearly and concisely
- Competitive base pay!
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will offer reasonable accommodations
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups