At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Northwestern Mutual Capital (“NMC”) manages nearly $60 billion of private assets, primarily on behalf of Northwestern Mutual. NMC invests across a broad array of industries and in geographies that include North America, Europe, and Australasia. Northwestern Mutual Capital is composed of 40+ experienced and dedicated professionals who take pride in the strength of our relationships and the clients we represent. To learn more about NMC, please visit our website at northwesternmutualcapital.com .
This role provides administrative support to a Portfolio Manager and 10+ team members. Exercises a high level of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy to support the team with limited supervision. Familiar with a variety of organization concepts, practices and procedures. Ensures duties are completed accurately and delivered in a high quality and timely manner.
- Performs a variety of office maintenance and administrative functions; manages schedules and business travel, maintains supplies, prepares invoices and monitors expenses/budgets, takes minutes, etc.
- Identifies efficiencies in processes and procedures.
- Coordinates portfolio meetings and prepares materials, as needed.
- Prepares and provides information needed; prepares reports, collects and analyzes information, prepares presentations, etc.
- Submits financial / legal documents to the Securities Valuation Office (“SVO”); a division of the NAIC. The position will be responsible for proactively gathering confidential documents and filing them in a timely manner through the SVO web portal (VISION) and subsequently invoicing issuers for SVO filing expenses.
- Managing NMC’s official email inbox for the receipt of financial statements and notices from portfolio companies, archiving them electronically, and distributing notices to the appropriate NMC investment professional and NM Securities Law professionals.
- Works on or may lead projects as requested.
- Other department specific duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in handling materials and sensitive information.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Three or more years of administrative assistant experience.
- High school diploma; associates degree or college coursework preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office at advanced levels, focus on Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High degree of organization and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply good judgment in making independent decisions and coordinating information.
- Attention to detail and problem solving.
- Ability to handle and manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing needs and priorities.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups