At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operations within the department/division. Supports leaders and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communications. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials. Familiar with a variety of organization concepts, practices and procedures. Ensures duties are completed accurately and delivered in a high quality and timely manner.
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments.
- Creates materials as needed including spreadsheets, presentations, memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Assists in preparing and updating reports, dashboards, etc.
- Point of contact for technology access/services, often functions as PC/LAN contact.
- Maintains all department supplies; anticipates needs and orders.
- Arranges travel as needed.
- Prepares and monitors invoices, submits and reconciles expense reports.
- Takes minutes of meetings as needed.
- Resource to department on office and administrative functions.
- Works on projects as requested.
- Other department specific duties as assigned.
- Handles sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Three or more years of administrative or assistance experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college coursework preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office at intermediate levels.
- Proficient in general technology.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups