At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This is a year-long internship. Internship candidates can expect a full-time onsite internship program during the summer and part-time during the school year.
Carefully selected from universities across the country, our interns bring distinctive ideas and perspectives to our organization. Our employees are passionate about building our emerging talent and future leaders. In addition to their day-to-day tasks, interns participate in professional development workshops, senior leadership Q&A's, volunteer initiatives, networking/social events, and more!
As an Accounting Intern, you will work alongside your hiring manager, mentor, and team to complete tasks critical for Northwestern Mutual's success. We are here to help you both identify and continue to develop your future career goals and passions. See below for our current list of internship opportunities available in our departments:
- Investment Accounting: Assures that all financial activity related to the investment portfolios is accounted for in the general ledger. Monitors the financial results of the investments and prepares financial and compliance reports, analysis and disclosures to meet all reporting requirements.
- Mutual Fund Accounting: Performs fund administration for the Northwestern Mutual Series Fund, the NMIMC Co-Investment Funds, and Separate Accounts. Oversees the Mutual Fund daily accounting, prepares and reports the financial and tax accounting results, and ensure fund compliance with SEC laws, IRS regulations, and internal investment restrictions.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs. Minimum qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Previous work or classroom experience in one or more of the following: Accounting, Finance
- Employer immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
Preferred skills and proficiencies
- Previous Accounting, Finance internship and/or relevant project experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- High degree of self-motivation, passion, and a drive to learn
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
We encourage you to apply! Once your application is reviewed, if selected to move forward, our UR team members will reach out for a call, where we will learn more about you and share internship opportunities aligning to your interests and skillsets and share any next steps of our recruiting process.
Who we are
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years through a distinctive planning approach that integrates risk management with wealth accumulation, preservation, and distribution. With more than $290 billion in assets, $30 billion in revenues and more than $1.9 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.6 million clients. People are the power behind Northwestern Mutual, and diversity makes us better. We are committed to reflecting and serving the marketplace. We do so by attracting and improving the engagement of those who bring their outstanding perspectives, ideas, and beliefs. At Northwestern Mutual, people matter. And you’ll be working for a company that’s consistently voted among the “most admired” in the nation. We invite you to explore your career interests with us.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We a re an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, Ne w York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
Please note: Any wages or wage ranges listed directly on a specific job requisition or posting will supersede corresponding wage ranges listed within Pay Transparency Guide linked above.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups