At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Directs and manages the operations of New Business Case Management. Responsible for staffing, development, coaching, communication and salary administration. Has accountability for the performance and results of the team and identifies and solves operational problems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages the operations of New Business Case Management. Responsible for staffing, development, coaching, communication and salary administration. Independently leads and/or participates as a key resource in complex, cross-departmental projects and initiatives.
- Resolves operational problems that impact and strengthen internal and external customers. Fosters a trust and communication within the work groups which supports the business process efficiencies. Manages the investigation and resolution of complaints pertaining to underwriting requirements, vendors, administrative processes. Facilitate resolution of technical underwriting outcomes with technical subject matter experts.
- Collaborates with internal partners to track, trend and perform root cause analysis around elevated product or service-related concerns. Leverages data analytics to identify obstacles and continually improve operations and the field/client experience.
- Strong understanding of our business priorities and ability to identify technology that will improve or enhance our network office, home office and client experience. Serves as a liaison between the home office, network offices, and (when applicable) vendors to facilitate the implementation and adoption of new processes and/or technology.
- Provides assistance as needed with the vendor service delivery oversight of a portfolio of third-party vendors including paramedical examining companies, laboratories, medical record retrieval companies, and other providers of underwriting requirements services providing Life and DI medical, lay, and financial underwriting requirements. May oversee and coach vendor/service escalations involving communication and resolution between home office, field and vendor leadership.
- Serves as communication liaison/resource, providing technical problem resolution with field management, agents, company management, other companies and insurance departments regarding underwriting concerns and issues. You will develop, implement, and monitor customer service standards for agency-level staff.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible work experience. Minimum of five years related professional level experience, preferably in a client advocacy (insurance operations) function.
- Demonstrated ability to understand overall Company/Insurance Operations customer service needs/challenges.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring/coaching skills and the ability to develop and train team members.
- Demonstrated experience in leading process improvement, product introduction, system enhancements and/or committee efforts through development and implementation.
- Proficiency with tracking, development and maintenance of metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate win-win solutions with clients, field and peers and the ability to collaborate freely, working across the function(s) with staff and peers, seeking opportunities to teach and learn from one another.
- Effective change management skills to positively influence, work cooperatively, and negotiate with all levels in the department, the company, policy owners and the field to obtain maximum operational efficiency.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups